Signs of Methamphetamine Abuse
Methamphetamine can be snorted, injected, ingested in food or drink and smoked.
It is just my personal opinion, but I believe that this is one of the most destructive drugs on the streets.
Aside from the incredible damage it causes to the user in terms of physical harm as well as mental impairment,
the cost to this country in terms of child care, rehab, medical costs, clean up of labs and contaminated
buildings, runs into the billions of dollars.
Methamphetamine can look like powder or chunks of crystal substance. Usually white but sometimes pinkish brown or beige. "Ice" or crystal meth looks like chunks of ice or glass.
Symptoms of meth use are:
- Pupils dilated
- Raised blood pressure
- Raised pulse/body temperature
- Grinding teeth/tight jaw muscles
- Skin irritation/picking at skin
- Twitching/tics/finger twitching
- Mood swings
- Over-confidence/sense of power
- Loss of interest in food
- Picking or digging at skin for imaginary bugs (meth bugs)
- Rotted teeth/gum disease
- Brain damage or long term psychological problems
- Damage to liver/bladder/kidneys/lungs
Then they are known as tweakers,
these people are POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS AND UNPREDICTABLE.
Signs of a tweaker are jerky movements/twitching, rapid eye movements and severe paranoia.
- Users may become suddenly violent.
- Users can turn on family members for no apparent reason.
- Users may stay awake/ high for days until they can no longer get high.
If you believe you are dealing with a tweaker, be aware of the following safety rules.
Do not hesitate to remove yourself to a safe place.
and call the police. They should be told that the person may be under the influence of this drug.
- Be careful when approaching them.
- Use slow movements and talk slowly and calmly. They are already paranoid and may see any sudden move as a threat.
- If you must interact with them, try and keep them talking.
- A silent tweaker may be even more dangerous.