Heroin: Signs and Symptoms of Abuse.
Heroin can be injected, snorted, smoked or taken orally. Depending on the method used, effects are felt from as quickly as 3 - 5 seconds up to an hour for oral ingestion.
Symptoms of abuse:
- Pulse is slow.
- Blood pressure low.
- Body temperature low or below normal.
- Pupils pinpoint.
- Euphoria, followed by Drowsines.
- Clouded mental function.
- Flushing of skin.
- Dry mouth.
- Possible nausea/vomiting.
- Low raspy voice.
- Pain is suppressed.
- Puncture marks (if injected).
- Can cause death due to respiratory failure.
- If this drug is used in a different setting from the normal one, the user can overdose on an amount that was previously tolerated.
- This drug can be mixed with many different things making it hard to judge the exact dose a user is getting.
- Any injected drugs leave the user open to risk of infection and blood borne diseases.
Enjoy This Site?
Then why not use the button below, to add us to your favorite bookmarking service?
Copyright Vivienne Edwards/Angels on Wheels LLC; 2008 - 2009|
This page updated 2013